Thursday, October 6, 2011

That Time Of Year

"This thou perceivest, which makes thy love more strong,
To love that well which thou must leave ere long." - William Shakespeare

I personally loved this poem.  "That time of year" that the speaker is talking about is old age and the loss of youth.  The speaker believes that with old age, love must grow stronger.  I most definitely agree with the speaker on this point.  As time goes by, the love of most couples grows stronger.  Most of the time, couples do not split up or get a divorce after being together for a long time.  Divorce and break-ups usually occur within the first ten years.  Also, as I watch my grandparents, I can tell that they are truly in love.  Their love grows stronger with every moment that passes.  This poem is very realistic to me in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment